Advantages and Disadvantages of ODD EVEN grouping
- The dark circles are removed, more realism can be achieved
- There will be "more persistence" since the rendering is done at both sides of the center at the same instant.
- Interlacing is used !
- It can be said that "illusive rendering frequency" is doubled.
- Soldering becomes easier as there is more space between two consecutive LEDs now.
- Distribution of mass is more symmetric as compared to the "simple linear numbering system". This may help in building a low vibration (mechanical) rotating system.
- One more step is added in programming (though not difficult)
- The resolution must be an even number (discussed later)
- The diameter of the visible area is decreased, due to removal of gaps (dark circles)